Wednesday, August 19, 2009

About me

If you are going to be reading my blog, you should know something of my background. I am currently in the private practice of allergy and immunology in Somerville, NJ. I am associated with David Bortniker MD who is an experienced otolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon. David's well-established practice - Ear Nose & Throat Care PC is now "Ear Nose & Throat Care PC & Allergy". We are both affiliated with Somerset Medical Center. Our website is www.entcarepc.com.

For the last 16 years I have been conducting patient care and teaching at UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School, in Newark NJ. I am a member of the voluntary teaching faculty and currently hold the title of Clinical Professor of Medicine in the Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Immunology. During the same period of time, I worked for several pharmaceutical companies, conducting either clinical research or supporting medical affairs for allergy and other products. My most recent position, up until 2008, was with the McNeil Division of Johnson & Johnson, where I was Senior Director of Medical Affairs. One of my responsibilities was helping get the antihistamine Zyrtec converted from prescription to over-the-counter marketing. Earlier, I was working in academic medicine full-time at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, in St. Louis, Missouri. I left there as Associate Professor of Medicine and Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology. I trained in allergy and immunology at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health, in Bethesda, Maryland.

Professionally, I am a member of the rhinosinusitis committee of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI), and the respiratory diseases committee of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI). I will be writing more about these professional organizations later.

No comments:

Post a Comment